Moving a pool table is serious business.In fact, it is probably the most difficult, bulky, and extraordinarily heavy (yet incredibly delicate) piece of furniture to move! Contrary to popular belief, it is not as simple as removing the legs and getting a couple of strong buddies to help you lift the tabletop. There are several critical steps involved in disassembling and reassembling a pool table. Because of this, we do not recommend attempting to move a pool table yourself. Instead, consider hiring professional pool table movers for the job who not only have the necessary qualifications and expertise, but also the appropriate tools for the disassembly, transportation, and reassembly of your pool table.
How Much Does It Cost to Move a Pool Table?This is a question we’re faced with almost daily in our business. However, before we can determine the cost of moving your pool table, we must first gather some pertinent information from you about the table, the environment in which it is located, as well as the table’s origin and destination. We will explore these topics in further detail a little later, but to give you an idea of the things you can expect to be asked upon contacting us, here is a short list:
- What is the make and model of the pool table to be moved?
- What is the size of the pool table?
- Is it a one piece or three piece slate table?
- What is the origin and destination of the table? Basically, what is the distance we are going to be moving the table?
- Is there anything in the environment that would make moving the pool table more difficult (i.e. stairs, tight spaces, etc.)